We are discovering that Xavier excels in all sports. Now, baseball seems to be a talent. I just wish he would commit to one so he can perfect something.
This last weekend in Texas, I had the privilege of teaching my daughter, Angela, how to swim! She is so excited to no longer be afraid of the water and is able to swim alongside me.
On our way to Texas, we saw an 18-wheeler on the side of the road that had burned to a crisp! Lizet was concerned that it may have held toys or chocolate in its cargo. But she really flipped out when she thought it could've been makeup!
When we entered Texas, Lizet announced to Xavier: "Welcome to Las Vegas, Xavier!" When entering Dallas she said, "Welcome to Hollywood, Xavier!" Poor Xavier. Lizet gives him such a hard time when he asks if we're in Texas yet.
I'm thrilled my kids like my cooking. In fact, when we went to a restaurant, Lizet asked the waiter which salad had little pepperonis. He said there wasn't one. She frowned and said, "Well, that's how my mom makes salad." NOTE: I realize making a salad doesn't equal cooking, but that's the latest example of them liking something I make.
For a special after-school treat for Angela the other day, I washed and removed stems off strawberries - enormous ones at that! I set them in the refrigerator, and on the counter I had a bowl of powdered sugar. She thought I had just handed her a million dollars!
Lizet thinks it would be great if all her grandparents and the five of us lived in the same house. She asked Dave if this was possible. His reaction: "Well, Lizet... We don't really have room." Her solution: "Well, Dad, it's really simple. Buy a castle."
Fletcher is eight years old today! Did we have a party? Well, Lizet is in our family, so… We had ice cream and Fletcher got a stuffed whale for a gift. Lucky little buggy.
When leaving Texas, Lizet took the time (a lot of time) to say good-bye to things. "Good-bye little curb. Good-bye little tree that is green. Oh, good-bye little sidewalk that takes us to the car." Lizet, enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment