Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was lovely - a day I thought I would never experience.  Sunday morning I was greeted with kisses and hugs, mums, calla lilies, and roses.  Russell Stover even attended the celebration.  Lizet presented me with a ceramic cupcake she painted in art class. I also began wearing my beautiful bracelet from my in-laws;  a silver charm bracelet with the children's silhouettes, etched with their names on the front and birth dates on the back.  I thanked my "Baby Doll," "Angel Face," and "Butter Bean" with hugs and kisses and then we got ready for church.  I wanted to visit First Baptist Church and that we did.  I received more gifts at the end of the service. Next, Dave prepared one of my favorite Peruvian dishes:  Lomo Saltado.  Then, I took a nap while they cleaned the house.  It was a great day!

Lizet likes to break the tension by saying, "Meanwhile, back at the ranch."

Lizet has a heart for others.  One of her friends in class had a birthday.  Lizet wanted to spend her money to buy her a beautiful jewelry box.  It looked like a miniature armoire.  She asked if she could buy something for a boy who is also a friend of the birthday girl's, because he didn't have any money.  So, what does she do?  She signs his name on the card, too!    

The girls were antagonizing Xavier at dinner one night...  He wasn't in a good mood...  Dave said, "Don't poke the bear."  What does Lizet do?  She gets up from the table and does a "don't poke the bear" dance.  Luckily, we were at home.  And fortunately, it cheered up Xavi.

Lizet and Xavi were playing outside one day...  Lizet rang the bell because she missed Angela. Angela opened the door and Lizet says, "Hello ma'm.  Did you order a pizza?"  She got the door slammed in her face.  Then, Angela laughed - mainly because Lizet had her hands on her hips.

The kids have a couple new favorite shows...  Avatar: The Last Airbender and  Ben 10.  

The girls are both working on their embroidery projects.  

Angela and I have been practicing badminton.  She's pretty good.  She thinks I'm pretty good. We tire out about the same time.

Lizet loves to sing "We Are Family" while we’re cooking.

In fact, the other night we made a chef salad together for dinner.  I washed and chopped the lettuce and washed all the toppings that she wanted to chop, putting them in individual bowls so everyone could top their salad with what they wanted:  hard-boiled eggs, pepperoni, cucumber, tomato, cheese, turkey, ham, and mushrooms.  Croutons were added, and the table was set.  As we're eating, Lizet's hands danced beside her eyes as she says, "Xavvviiiieerrrr....  I made your dinner with these disgusting hands."  He played up a gagging sound, but grinned.  She giggled.  Then, "Brother, I hope you enjoy your delicious salad."  He did.







     

1 comment:

  1. Emily, your post is precious! I am so happy for you on your first Mother's Day....you are a great mom and you deserved every wonderful thing that happened! I LOVED your additional comments, and felt like I was right there listening and watching the kids and their different reactions :) Love them so much. We are excited to hopefully visit you in mid-June before heading back to Montana. Give your three big hugs from us! Gloria (and Sandy)

    ReplyDelete