Last week, Aunt Cathy flew in for a visit and stayed for four days. Upon arriving, Cathy and I went to pick up Lizet from Girl Scout Camp: Camp Wah-Shah-She. I’m certainly glad this was just a weekend getaway, and I think Lizet felt the same. She loved it, but has some suggestions for future camps. For instance, she says next time she needs to bring a wheelchair because 10 miles was too far for a walk. I seriously doubt it was that long, but strappy sandals she insisted on taking probably wasn’t a great idea. She also realized she didn’t need her stuffed monkey from the Tulsa Zoo, which was half her size. She did make a friend who was from Guatemala. So, she had to run back for one last hug. She also taught us a song called “Bazooka Bubble Gum” they sang around the campfire.
We had dinner at several restaurants in town, went to see Soul Surfer, played games, and bought an old Don Knotts classic: The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. It was tough to see Cathy go, but we will look forward to her next visit!
Next year, I hope we can find a Vacation Bible School that complements our summer. Between Girl Scout camp, Boost Reading, swimming and vacations, it's hard to find one available during the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment