Saturday, October 2, 2010

Piercings

I now have two daughters with pierced ears!  Angela pierced one of her ears by herself.  I guess this was a sign we should get this done professionally, so we headed to Claire's. She so desperately wanted to wear some earrings one of her great-grandmothers gave her.  We are now caring for their ears, three times a day, for six weeks.  

Lizet also now has a Hannah Montana reversible comforter.  It's quite cute!  She is such a fan. She says Hannah fine, but adds Montaña (for Montana).  

One cute activity that took place at Xavier and Angela's middle school on Thursday:  The new students were invited to a social in the library during their lunch.  This was a time to meet other new students, teachers, and have refreshments.  There were about nine or ten in attendance, according to Angela.  Well, there was a drawing for a Bruins letter jacket.  (Yes, I'm aware it looks like Ruins.)  Not a leather one, but one that is made from the baseball uniform material. Still durable and very nice.  Well, lo and behold, my girl, Angela WON!  She really needed that since I had to encourage her to go and be "social".  She is still a little timid.  Xavier was so proud of her!

Friday was Xavier's appointment for a haircut with Papí.  After I picked up my middle-schoolers, I drove them to Dave’s office.  We chatted with some ladies in the office and then Angela and I left to head to Braum's for a chocolate-vanilla swirl waffle cone.  I told her it was our secret and we don't want to hurt feelings.  So, as we ate our cones in line at Lizet's school, we chatted and laughed about other things at school that day.  As Angela finished, she gathered up the "evidence."  She threw the napkins in my console after wiping her face and checking mine.  I also suggested to Angela that we pretend we forgot Xavier at school, if Lizet asked. Sure enough, Lizet did just that!  "Where's Xavier?"  Angela grabbed my arm and said, "¡Mamí...  Xavier!"  You should have seen Lizet's eyes!  "¿Qué?" was Lizet's response.  It was more of a drawn out qué... Like KAYYYY? Anyway, she got a big laugh out of our little joke. In no time, I turned around to go pick up Xavier with his darling haircut.  

Every time we see a bright yellow car, the kids call out “plátano” (banana).  

Lizet's English is improving every day.  She says certain phrases a lot.  “You okay?”  “I like peepsa.”  (That's how she pronounces pizza.)  Well actually, they all do.          
 

No comments:

Post a Comment