Xavier gave me a pair of light pink Dearfoam knitted slippers; from Angela, a satin red blouse with faux pearls and gold chains, and Lizet presented me (again) with a gift of bath supplies. Ice cream and cake (and lots of laughter) followed. From Dave, I received a book by Beth Moore and a Southern Living Christmas cookbook. A fun day!
Since the kids have been so generous buying Christmas gifts for others by using their allowance, Lizet asked if she could do some things around the house to earn extra money. She was told she could earn $5 for cleaning their bathroom. She did. On Sunday, Dave and I were pleased to see her put $1 in the offering plate.
Lizet wanted to have a matrimonio ceremony for her and Fletcher. Yes, she wanted to marry our dog. She even put on a dress, and Angela placed a watch around Fletcher's collar, resembling a bow tie. Oh boy - the excitement never ends! I tell you this story so you will understand the next one...
As I was dropping off Lizet on her last day of school before Christmas break, she decided she wanted me to help her carry in the bags of her teacher's presents. So, here I was juggling presents, my purse, locking car doors, and hoping Fletcher wouldn't jump out of the car... Sure enough - he jumped out, running into the school, and she yells, "My husband! My husband!" Now, doesn't it make sense why I told you the first story?
No comments:
Post a Comment