Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pop Rocks and PEZ

Children make Christmas so much more enjoyable...  We have had so much fun!  I think our tree looks better than it has in years past.  Maybe it's the white lights, perhaps the tinsel, or possibly the ornaments... No, it has to be the way the children decorated it - with their hands, in their own way.  And the angel tops it beautifully.

They have saved their allowance, accumulating anywhere from eighty to one hundred dollars and have enjoyed spending it on their family members. Lizet even made the comment, "I've never had money to spend on other persons.  I love Merry Christmas!"  They are so looking forward to Papa Noel, or Santa Claus visiting us.  Lizet has been hesitant in believing, but now that she's actually sat on Santa's lap at the mall, she's convinced he's alive and well, and busy.  

Dave bought the kids some candy the other day:  Pop rocks and PEZ.  It was so fun watching their reactions to candy popping in their mouths.  They were a little freaked, but in a good way! And now, the girls are interested in collecting PEZ dispensers.

Lizet loves Picante sauce on anything and everything.

Lizet told me I am going to make a wonderful grandmother.

Lizet finally gets sarcasm, and is using it.  Last night we were making tacos and she was emptying cheese in a bowl.  Xavier walks in and says, "¿Queso?"  Lizet stops and says, "No, Xavier, guacamole."  That's our girl.  And we haven't even introduced her to Seinfeld, yet.

I taught Angela how to do the splits tonight.  Yes, I'm afraid I can still do them.  I taught her some exercises that stretch the thigh muscles and she was very interested in perfecting this particular skill.  So she tried again, and what do you know!?  She literally jumped in my arms with joy! 

Something that completely made my year:  The other day, I was cleaning the kitchen and I turned to find Lizet leaning her head against the wall next to the dishwasher just staring at me, adoringly.  I said, "¿Qué cariño?" And she says in perfect English, "I'm very happy you are my mother."  She followed it with many kisses all over my face and mouth and strong hugs.  Yep, I've arrived.  
  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment