Wednesday, January 26, 2011

School Projects

Xavier has finished his Science Experiment - board and all!  His experiment was testing different kinds of popcorn and graphing which popcorn pops the best - basically, kernel counting.  

Lizet has been reading about Martin Luther King, Jr., for her book report project, which was making a “bust” out of a 2-liter bottle.  Her choice of bottle:  Inca Kola.  I found a styrofoam head (for wigs) at Hobby Lobby - it even has a hole in the neck and fits perfectly on the bottle; Dave used some brown shoe polish to color the head, and Lizet applied the black yarn for the hair.  I made a minister's robe and tie.  She also filled out a 5x8 index card full of facts.  She's ready to go...  Her choice was based primarily on the fact that we were out of school on his birthday - she wanted to know why and did some investigating.

Angela has been busy knitting.  One of her teachers has taken her under her wing, letting her eat in her classroom while she has no students.  Angela is very much an introvert and hates noise and crowds.  This teacher has taught her how to knit and has lent her yarn and knitting needles.  I was so excited for her, I bought her own set of purple needles and purple and white yarn.  She is currently making a scarf.  It's beautiful.  She's trying to teach me how to knit.  She's a very good teacher.  Very encouraging and reassuring... Angela is an absolute doll!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment