Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snow Days




I couldn't wait to post these pics for our Peruvian friends who may, or may not have ever seen snow. Our kiddos had not!  So, this was especially special!  The fact that there was no school was even better... So far, we've missed two days of school this year due to snow.  I was able to teach them how to make snow ice cream...  Gather clean snow off the top, add a little sugar, a little vanilla, and a splash of milk... They loved it!  Again... You'd have thought I'd invented the wheel!  

Movies, blankets, hot chocolate, and playing in the snow made the day SO much fun!  Of course, no day is complete without eggs (whisked and cooked in the shape of a tortilla) and toast.  They even whipped out some Christmas movies.  I think Elf is the favorite one so far!     

No comments:

Post a Comment