Flags were flying high today! I must say Peruvians are quite patriotic about their country; it’s nice to see. The flag is without the emblem in the center; it consists of stripes from left to right, red-white-red. I think the flag with the emblem in the center is reserved for government buildings. You see them in all sizes. I’ve seriously never seen so many flags in one place. And I thought Americans were patriotic! Naty was with us today and we dined on Cornelia’s lomo saltado. It was different from the one I had at Capriccio. Cornelia’s was strips of beef, strips of potatoes, and diced carrots, stewed and served with rice. Delicious! After lunch, Dave and I left the children with Naty, and visited Plaza de Armas for some Internet time; Dave with work, and a 10-minute phone call to my mother. We also stopped for a few groceries at Plaza Vea. This store is similar to Wal-Mart. They sell everything! Actually, as I was standing in line, or what seemed like a clump, I was thinking of all the things for which I am grateful. Here I stood watching families with very few groceries, counting their soles (S/.), and purchasing only necessities. They were also bundled in sweaters and coats as if it’s snowing outside, when in reality it was only 68-72 degrees. For dinner, we had sandwiches, chips, and drinks. The kids love Inca Kola. Dave and I stuck with classic Coca-Cola, which contains real sugar. Entertainment for this evening was more John Cena, then Al Fondo Hay Sitio, which I’m looking forward to every evening, now. Tonight’s bed situation was all three in Xavier’s bed. Angela carried in her Bible, as she reads it every night. And there was Xavier and Lizet sharing a book of Disney stories while Lizet held the flashlight and Xavier read to her. We didn’t hear a peep! Dave and I enjoyed watching “Facing the Giants” before bed. It was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment