Friday, July 16, 2010

Road Trip

Well, the day has finally arrived for us to begin our journey.  We will be driving this morning to Dallas, plan to have a nice visit and dinner with our families this evening, then off to a hotel for peaceful slumber.  I don't know how peaceful it will be considering how excited we are...  but, we'll try.  Our first flight is in the morning to Houston, then it's off to Panama City for a layover. We should arrive in Lima, probably around 11 p.m.  After such a long day of traveling, I think I'll finally be able to have a good night's sleep.  

I'll be looking forward to a change of weather. Even though I'm from Texas, Oklahoma heat isn't much better... so winter, here we come! The climate in Peru this time of year ranges from the 60s during the day and falls to the 40s in the evening... remember, we won't have heat, so it'll be extra blankets for us!  I'd much rather be cold than hot... there's only so much one can remove. 




    

No comments:

Post a Comment