Sunday, September 19, 2010

Wishes and Spirits

When Dave told the children that he would be buying their mamí a new car in the next year... Probably an SUV, Lizet suggested it be pink.

Tonight, while helping Lizet organize her closet, she discussed with me something personal:
After asking if she could tell me something, she proceeded with the fact that last night she saw her mother come in and touch her face.  I told her that was natural and that she shouldn't feel afraid.  She had mentioned there were ghosts, or "fantasmas" in her room earlier in the week.  I actually reassured her by telling her a story from several months ago...  When your papí and I decided to adopt you, Angela, and Xavier, I told Papí that I felt a presence of your padres with us.  It was as if they were angels guiding us along the way to get you and let you into our hearts and home.  I still feel a connection to your mother every time I look in your eyes.  This information was surprising to Lizet, but quite bonding for the two of us at a difficult time in a 10-year-old girl's life.  She looked away, quietly for a moment, then wiped her eyes quickly, turned to me and said, "I love you, Mamí.”  I told her I loved her, too.  Then, she said in perfect English, "Okay, come on, let's go."  So, we continued to organize.

Xavier would still love a Rottweiler... and we still say no.  

Angela is such a good sister and daughter.  She is rapidly becoming a Daddy's Girl.  

  

1 comment: