Friday, September 3, 2010

Tidbits

Angela and Xavier's Spanish teacher called to let me know how respectful they are in class.  She also let me know how interested the other students are about them and how desperately they would like to communicate.

Lizet always likes me to choose her clothes in the morning... but she always picks the best shoes.

Lizet discovered the karaoke machine and I overheard she and Xavier pretending to be DJs.

We went to Sonic after school the other day... I bought them an afternoon snack.  I had out my cash and was showing the kids the presidents on the bills.  George Washington was the first President, I told them... Abraham Lincoln was the sixteenth.  Xavier asked if they are dead.  I told them, yes.  I explained how Lincoln was shot while at the theater and Lizet then asked if I saw it.  Oh dear.

The three kids were so fascinated by the rain the other day... Standing on the patio, with their arms around each other, in awe.  Before the lightening and thunder, Lizet was prancing in it.

Xavier's science teacher called to inform me of my son's intelligence - WOW!

I caught Lizet drinking from the Hershey's syrup bottle yesterday.

Xavier killed a wasp that got in the house and saved it to show Papí.

Lizet informed me that Fletcher is El Rey - The King (of the house).  And yes, there’s a costume.

The kids love my Kool-Aid.  I think no matter who makes it, it's the same.

Angela hasn't been eating her lunch.  She says there are too many people in the cafeteria and it makes her nervous.  However, with the kids buying their lunches today, she didn't have a problem.  She still says she likes my lunches better.  Or maybe she's just being polite.

Xavier made a 100 on a math test!

Lizet plays the piano every day.  

I took the girls to Hobby Lobby tonight.  They love it!  Angela used her allowance to purchase a latch hook kit - a pink heart with purples and yellows, while Lizet chose a fashion designer kit. Angela also bought some candy for the family.  I showed Angela how to do the latch hook (having done many of them when I was her age) and she asked that I demonstrate one more time...  I did... Then she did, and said “Yippee!”



 






1 comment:

  1. I love reading the blog and seeing how you're all doing. It sounds like Lizet and my Rosie would get along really well!

    ReplyDelete