For a snack the other day, Lizet asked if I'd make her a hard-boiled egg. I thought about it... You know, the kids love hard-boiled eggs, and mayonnaise, and mustard. So, I made deviled eggs. You'd think I'd discovered plutonium. Lizet said - THANK YOU, followed by a VERY GOOD - stressing the double-Os. She pronounces all double-O words the way Scooby-Doo is emphasized. Xavier was next - MUY BIEN, he tells me. Then, I guess Angela loved it since she shoved the other half in her mouth before finishing the first. I'll turn them into Southerners, yet! They loved my meatloaf tonight, too. I even got Angela to eat green beans; of course, I guess it helps when you mix them up in your mashed potatoes. Whatever works! I also went to Braum's today to purchase chocolate milk. I figure that's better than soft drinks and they need the protein and calcium.
Xavier loves giving me kisses. For a 13-year-old boy, that's a miracle!
Lizet loves to hum.
Xavier and Angela are having their own private yo-yo competitions after school, in the kitchen.
Lizet loves me to help her with bath time. She loves me to pour water over her head, dry her off, and comb her hair. Tonight she wanted me to dress her, too. She put her arms around my waist as I helped her with her gown. Then I read (in Spanish) Mrs. Nelson is Missing from her school library, to both her and Xavier.
Lizet held me so tight, continuously saying, “Madre, Mamá, Mamita... I love you.” She's excited about our "secret time" tomorrow. We're going out to eat and then shopping for "cosmetics". Sounds like we'll be hitting the Dollar Tree for lip gloss. We're both very excited!
And they love to pinkie swear.
No comments:
Post a Comment