Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Anticipation

Okay ~ so perhaps I couldn't wait until arriving in Arequipa to post my first blog.  After receiving our much anticipated news, I have had an abundance of energy;  a small bit of laundry, packing, sorting, re-sorting, categorizing necessities, sorting through carry-on items… you get the picture. The bedrooms are ready for the children; well actually, they've been ready since October, but the finishing touches are now in existence!  

On Monday, we plan to meet with our adoption social worker at Secretaría de Nacional Adopciones, in Lima.  After our meeting, discussing the schedule for the following days, we plan to fly to Arequipa. If it is not too late, we will be able to visit the orphanage.  I can't wait for the day we meet the children... our children. 

Almighty and most merciful God, we remember before you all poor and neglected persons whom it would be easy for us to forget:  the homeless and the destitute, the old and the sick, and all who have none to care for them.  Help us to heal those who are broken in body or spirit, and to turn their sorrow into joy.  Grant this, Father, for the love of your Son, who for our sake became poor, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.  ~The Book of Common Prayer

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Em!! YOUR children!!! Ahhh!!! Finally the day is almost here!! Much LOVE!!!--Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! You will be a WONDERFUL mom! Sending hugs and prayers your way! Love, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot think of two other people who God could bless those kids more than you! It is such an awesome thing to watch ... nothing less than Holy Ground you and David are walking on as you take these 3 precious kids home. Emily, I know you will fall in love immediately ... we did! Love and hugs and prayers to you both! Roofdog Tia Toni

    ReplyDelete