This morning I got the children up for breakfast which was cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, and bread, with assorted juices. They all complied, although Angela was ready before the others. Since it’s Naty’s day off, Cornelia came around 9:00 to take care of us. She took the shopping list from Dave and returned briefly with ingredients for lunch and a chocolate torte. Betty (Beatriz), the psychologist/social worker arrived at 11:00 to have us sign another document that transfers custody from the orphanage to us. Betty spoke with the children as we offered her some treats and hot tea. We also gave her the photographs, which she needs to accompany her report; she informed us the report is “muy bueno”. We watched the rest of Alvin and the Chipmunks and then we had lunch. Cornelia prepared a beautiful lunch of pollo con arroz verde and ensalada. The rice was actually green because of the spices and vegetables and she had buried pieces of chicken in the bowl with the rice. The salad consisted of leafy green lettuce, tomatoes, and avocadoes. We had olive oil and balsamic vinegar from Spain to dress the salad. David and Xavier have gone shopping to Plaza Vea, while Angela and I played several rounds of Operando and Lizet entertained Cornelia in the kitchen. Cornelia said that she enjoys the company. A few hours later, Cornelia left and the girls and I spent our afternoon together watching a movie. While watching, Lizet pulls a cookie out of her pocket to give me. So that's where the cookies are... we were wondering. By this time, Xavier and David returned with a couple small Peruvian flags for their rooms in the States. Xavier also got to buy a zampoña, which are Peruvian flutes. He was so happy he did a cartwheel. Angela fell asleep on the couch while Lizet was combing and braiding my hair. She whipped my ponytail holder right out of Angela's hair while she was sleeping, so I must confess... I had to get on to her for upsetting Angela... no bueno. Dave mentioned to me today that he noticed last night that Angela fell asleep while reading a Bible. Tonight, we're having soup, bread, butter, and fruit. And then, we're watching Eclipse. Yes, I'm aware it's still in the theaters, but there's a bit of a street production of movies, here. It's very strange.
I just Love, Love, Love reading your posts!! (Can I say that enough??) Your children are so precious! It's so great learning all about your children and their wonderful personalities!! They sound so very loving, just like their parents!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteAgain thank you for sharing!!! I can easily visualize the precious scenes as you are describing them...and you describe the children so well. Again laughs and happy tears :) Tia Michelle
ReplyDeleteEmily, I feel like I am right there with you ... even down to eating the "green" rice that we have had so many times. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing this beautiful journey with us. I'm sure I can speak for all of the Roofdogs ... give the kids hugs and kisses from all their Tias and Tios ... we love them so much and are so grateful that God has called you and David to be their parents! God is so good!
I pray that God is blessing you all beyond your wildest dreams! You are living out Christ's new commandment ... to love one another as He loves us! Thank you.
Hugs and much love,
Tia Toni
oh my goodness emily!! we have gotten back from cali & i am just now getting to read ALL your posts. i am sooo glad you are writing these! its like a book i cant put down, of course, now tho i will just have to wait for the next one....
ReplyDeletei am so excited to meet these beautiful sweet children! your writing is incredible - i feel like i know so much about them already!
you know, one of my very most favorite "mommy memories" is jacoby rolling over in the middle of the night, searching for my face with his still sleepy tiny little hands just to find me & say "i love you mama". oh emily, reading about your your sweet girl snuggling with you calling you "mami"...i am so happy you are getting to experience all these beautiful things! love you & cant wait to read more!!
~tonia