Monday, August 23, 2010

Arvest

Our kids woke up fresh and energized this morning.  I made them scrambled eggs and then we watched a little television while Mamí emptied suitcases and started the day's laundry.  We got ready to go have a pizza party at Papí's work.  Arvest Bank employees are amazing! The kids had a wonderful time, even though they were a bit timid, meeting friends of Mamí and Papí's. Our Arvest friends had purchased numerous pizzas, many drinks, salad and a couple desserts.  We left happy and satisfied.  Next, we went downstairs and Papí handed out their first week's allowance of ten dollars each.  I drove the kids by the church we attend and then we stopped at Food Pyramid for a variety of gum.  Braum's was next on the list: ice cream cones.  While they ate their ice cream, I drove them to see their schools. They are looking forward to making new friends and learning English.  We went home to watch movies while Mamí did more unpacking and laundry.  While I worked on my task, Xavier organized his room by making his bed, refolding his clothes and placing them in the drawers of his choice, and setting up his dresser like a toy shrine.  Angela had done the same in the morning.  We had watermelon for an afternoon treat. Papí came home with a large supply of foods, drinks, desserts, and snacks from his friends at work.  We are well-stocked now!  We had leftover pizza for supper and now the children have gone with Dave to Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart for a few things like extra hangers, laundry baskets to collect their clothes that need washing, radios, etc. After Monopoly was played - to be continued tonight - the children went to bed offering hugs and kisses to Mamí and Papí.  Xavier pulled me to him, kissed me, and said, "I love you, Mamita."  

No comments:

Post a Comment