This morning was an exciting morning... an early morning at 6:30... but exciting! The children put on their "el matrimonio" clothing for Tía Kim and Tío Russ's special day, and I even had time to polish Lizet's fingernails with a pearly white polish my mother gave her. We arrived at the Addison Event Center about 8:30 in the morning in time for the 9:00 photographs. After many combinations of photos were taken, the wedding began. It was a beautiful ceremony with lots of arched mirrors, gold chairs, and chandeliers. The children seemed to enjoy the experience and were ready for lunch. We visited with family and the children met more friends of the family, giving away free hugs. The wedding party formed a line to enter the buffet filled with salad, casseroles, meats, fruits, and breads. We had more than enough to please the children's taste buds. The children ate with my parents and my brother Eric, while I had lunch with some of Dave’s extended family, close by. Dave ate with his parents, his other sister Kelly, and some family friends. Cake followed, decorated with chocolate-covered strawberries. Once the dancing started, people were out on the floor, dancing to oldies like Ghostbusters and Billie Jean. Towards the end, one young woman was wearing what appeared to be a tunic with a belt... a little short to say the least. I glanced at Xavier and he had both hands covering his eyes. Once we left, he asked me in the car if I saw that one girl in the short dress and told him I had. He shook his head with a grimace and said, "es mal, no bien" and I had to agree. It was bad, not good. Overall, they had a good day... it got even better later. We hit the pool for a while in the afternoon, then they changed in preparation for an early dinner. My in-laws had several couples visiting from Kansas, so while they visited with the children, Dave’s cousin Bryan and his wife Shellie treated us to dinner at Jalapeños. Afterwards, they bought a few board games for the kids from Target. Once we got back to my in-laws, Lizet and Xavier got in the pool once again. Bedtime hit around 11:00 p.m. and they were ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment