Thursday, August 5, 2010

Spa Day

Naty arrived this morning around the same time the kids were getting ready for the day.  After breakfast, the kids brushed their teeth, made their beds, and began their television marathon.  Naty, the girls, and Dave went to a market called Franco’s to get a few things, while Xavier and I watched the end of War of the Worlds.  Upon returning, Naty made our lunch which was a pot roast served with rice.  She fried  the meat and then stewed them with the carrots, potatoes, and onions.  After lunch, Dave and I went to our usual Internet café.  We found out through a phone call from María that the gentleman who is printing out our new birth certificates for us to sign not only needs one more for each child, but won't have them ready for us to sign tomorrow, but definitely Saturday.  Fortunately, that doesn’t affect our flight to Lima.  Dave will go tomorrow to order the additional three and then will take the receipts to Rocio to put with the other fifteen receipts.  After getting more money from the ATM, we went back home to spend some time with the children.  Around 5:00, Dave thought he'd treat me to an hour massage across the street at a spa called Cappricio. My massage therapist's name was Ruth, pronounced "Root".  She was a beautiful Peruvian woman around her late twenties and gave the best massage!  The oils, the fragrances (which were scented pine cones in a basket beneath the hole where your face is rested), the warmth of the bed and blanket and music were relaxing before the massage even began.  All this for S/.25.00, which I may have mentioned is about $9 US dollars.  It's no wonder she hugged and kissed me when I tipped her the same amount!  I've now recommended her to our missionary friend, Gloria.  I think Ruth will have a new customer.  After returning back home, Naty left, and we took the kids out to eat at Brunno's.  We ordered the same pizzas we've ordered in the past along with the cheese bread, and cold cokes.  I emphasize cold, since warm cokes are the usual, and not as refreshing.  But I don't want to order the ice, hence the bacteria.  Now the kids are home, comfortable, and watching their favorite program.  Xavier made it all through last night without getting up, and without awaking! Success!!         

No comments:

Post a Comment